View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2018, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA View Post
Never made even an insinuation to that

Not applicable to the OP. There is nothing indicating the BR ever reached 1B.
My comments only apply to the given statement which means that all impediment occurred prior to the BR reaching 1B, hence there is no protection to 2B unless you judged the runner would have reached 2B sans the hindrance. However, since you did not award 2B to the OBS runner, that was not your belief which means she ran out of protective coverage and is liable to be put out.
Your first comment:
"If I'm reading this right, the OBS was between home and 1B. If that is the case, your protection would have to be to 2B for protection to exist beyond 1B. That means your award should have been 2B. However, by making the award 1B, you have basically stated your protection ended @ 1B."

I'll say that I didn't call the "first OBS", the one you identified as happening before the runner reached first base. I'm not getting your comment in red above.

Now I called the "second OBS", where the runner is on first base trying to get up. Since I called OBS there, the runner is protected between first and second. That doesn't mean the award should have been 2B. That is my judgment.