View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 12, 2018, 09:34am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeas2 View Post
Jeff,

I wanted to get your take on this play. Do you think this is a travel? And would it be called? I had a very similar play this summer at one of my summer camps in Illinois. I called the travel, and then 2 separate assignors told me I was wrong and that we shouldn't penalized the offense for making an athletic play. This play is never called in any games that I see, mainly underclass, even though it is pretty well determined it is a travel almost 100% of the time.
If you look at the comments I made in this thread, my position is rather clear what I think of this play.

And I cannot speak for what assignors in every situation want. I know what I am calling and I would rather call this a travel, then ignore and award the player with a foul which often happens around the basket. This was not even a good spin move either that might be difficult to identify. This looked bad live to me.

Underclass games (and varsity games) get a lot of travels that never actually happen. So this not being called properly would not be a surprise to me.

Peace