View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 08, 2018, 10:55pm
Do not give a damn!!

I work football during the fall, so I am usually working every week and many Saturdays for college. Being a deep wing gets you in a lot of shapes during that time for basketball. And football is honestly can be harder on your body than basketball, considering you are doing 3-hour games in heat and conditions. I do other things to get my body ready, but football really works me out most of the fall.

The other part is I go to meetings and start getting in the book. I teach a basketball class which gets me in my rulebook a ton because I have to create content and makes sure I am accurate on what I am speaking on. Then usually I give 2 or 3 presentations which also gets me in the book heavily. Take some tests for the college level as well and go to meetings for pre-season starting in September, so I have been literally thinking about basketball rules months before the season. Even the summer gets you ready as you have to explore all the new rules and applications as well.

Finally, I am heavily watching videos and created video plays for both my website and presentations. It is something I do year-round. That alone gets me thinking of plays and situations and compare them to all things I do when the season starts.

Peace