View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 08, 2018, 10:21pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Best Seller List ...

Add "get into the casebook" to the list.

I'll use the casebook during the season to get answers to specific perplexing questions, but I don't have the inclination or patience to read the entire casebook from front to back during the season, so I make sure to put the casebook on my preseason best seller list.

Also, get your calendars organized. Be sure your availability calendar (Arbiter, etc.) matches your business, personal, and social calendar, and make sure that all your association meeting dates are on your calendar. A few years ago we had a good official forget about the first meeting of the year (our new rules meeting, if you can't make our local new rules meeting you can attend another local board's new rules meeting), the most important meeting of the season because if you don't attend you don't work that entire season. He didn't attend any of the new rules meetings and he didn't work a single interscholastic game that season. Ouch.

And get a flu shot. I'm getting mine next week. I hate needles. I'm a big baby.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Oct 09, 2018 at 11:16am.