View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 06, 2018, 01:05pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrydog View Post
Thank you! Over the years, we could post stuff on this site and get a answer without others being a smart-ass. Now looks like a few have now joined and instead of answering with a rule or knowledge, they want to make fun and criticize the poster. And "YES" I know how to look-up the rule. In the past, most of us post stuff like this just to get others to think about the play. If this is the new trend of making fun of officials that post stuff instead of keeping it professional, I'll delete my account and move on.
I teach classes, give presentations, or answer many rules questions. I do not think it is being a smart ass at all to ask you or anyone that asks a question to tell us why something is illegal or legal in the rulebook, based on a question. I am going to assume that you would be asking for some reason. You are asking because you have doubt or you are asking because someone told you otherwise. I do not think it is all unfair to ask you to show your work so to speak. At least for me, when someone just gives me the answer, I do not remember it. When I look it up or have to explain why I feel a certain way, I tend to learn the situation better.

I think the newer trend is officials are in their feelings when you do not hold their hand on everything. When I was coming up we would be asked many questions when we asked a rules question or made a rules assumption. But we are in a new era.

Peace