View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 02, 2018, 06:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What possible situation that is so much of an issue you see because a game is given 15 months in advance? People usually schedule weddings more than a year ahead of the time and basketball season is often not that time of year those take place. Birthdays never change. My son's birthday is in December and I am working on this actual birthday this year because it is a weekday/school day. A lot of job situations do not drastically change and if they do they are not jobs where the person could not officiate in the first place. Even a baby coming is kind of known in advance. The only thing I can think of is a death or maybe a sickness that might come up that you have to change things. My kid's activities are known before the activity starts months in advance.

I get that this is not what you guys do and that is fine, but you keep hammering things that are almost never a problem that far in advance of the game. Again, I know I am working every single Friday and Saturday of the basketball season as almost a guarantee. If I need one of those days off for something I know months in advance, I either do not go to the even or I get off the game. And I am going to work one or two other days during the week either for a high school or college game.

Peace
I never hinted that it was a problem in your area. I simply stated (explicitly) that I'm not a fan and am glad we get games no more than 2-3 weeks out here.

As a transfer it would suck to move somewhere over the summer just to be told games for the upcoming season are already filled. And before you say "that is not the assigners' problem," I already know that.