View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2018, 10:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post

with all due respect, i think it's a matter of a high profile TV game where instant replay shows this, and they give it to the outside guy and the officials tell the coaches that if outside guy hit hand, doesn't have to hit ball, he gets the ball, this will be changed. I would be surprised if this has been spelled out to coaches by officials, because it is a ludicrous result. I would be very surprised if D1 coaches understand that interpretation, and the tweak in how officials call it precisely because of the risk that replay will be their undoing. But what do I know, although I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night.
Again this seems to bother you more than it does the participants. I have no idea why but never heard this as an issue at that level. But then again I do not work at that level but I do know several people that do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
to tell the truth, I don't really understand why a replay can't result in a foul when one wasn't called on the play, rather than just out of bounds or whatever. If using replay, why not just go ahead and get it right?
Because you would have 100 stoppages a game. There are only certain things that can be reviewed and it has to be done in that parameters.

Peace