View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2018, 08:05am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedewed View Post
Thanks. I understand reach isn't foul, was using shorthand. The contact on rebound, that is unfortunate because most everyone associated with the game would agree that the better result is the ball be awarded to inside player rather than out on inside player . I play enough and it happens enough that I wouldn't even go there. No one would believe that is a proper interpretation of the rules. It is a bad result. I don't think most associated with the game realize that is the way you all call it. If you quizzed players and coaches , the majority would say inside player awarded ball when outside player gets hand on inside players hand when inside players hand is on ball up top, and it goes out. Thanks though,
Sounds like you are using a solution to find a problem. I do not care what players and coaches think of existing rules that they do not understand because that is not the things actual officials talk about. I have never said anything about who has inside position as it relates to being in an advantageous position. The inside player often does illegal stuff and is watched accordingly and at least in the NCAA tape that is clearly stated by the NCAA supervisor. And certainly, no one cares about where you are located if you are the one that is touching the ball and that is clearly seen. Replay makes it easier to get that situation right. I seriously doubt the rule is going to change over this in any way, even with next year being a rule change year (and for the record they already changed rules this year and this "problem" was not addressed).

Peace