View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 17, 2018, 02:56pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let It Snow ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
... the assigner ... asks for people to open up dates ...
Happens here about three, or four, times a season. Usually when "snowed out" games get rescheduled to already busy nights (Tuesday, Friday) during influenza season when we're already "down" several officials.

Of course things get much worse if it snows on a Tuesday, or a Friday, meaning tons of games to make up.

And this past season, Connecticut schools were closing due to "excessive cold", yeah, you heard me right, not for snow, but for cold.

Spoiled kids today. I had to walk to school, no shoes, in my bare feet, in several feet of snow, uphill both ways, wearing only a moth eaten sweater.

Guys around here like to go on three day ski weekends up north, making for another set of problems.

I had to work a junior varsity/varsity doubleheader a few years ago, not the norm here in my little corner of Connecticut. Coaches, and athletic directors, don't like these doubleheaders, they think that the officials get too tired in the junior varsity game to do a good job in the varsity game.

Freshman/junior varsity doubleheaders are fairly common around here.

Boys/girls varsity doubleheaders here? No such animal.

When in Rome ...
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Sep 17, 2018 at 11:06pm.