View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 11, 2003, 06:55am
Official Forum Member

http://www.safootballchapter.us/dutybelt.bmp

I bought a wider belt this year and the clip on the Ready Ref was too narrow. Solution: I have several tactical duty belts and used a belt clip from one of them. You can find them at military surplus or police supply stores. The tactical duty belts are usually one size fits all. Therefore, they have two clips on them, one on each side of the belt. You fold the belt end back against itself (there is a velcro backing that causes the thing to stick in place) to reduce or enlarge the total length of the belt. Once it is folded back, these clips slip over the area where the fold is, thus ensuring it does not separate.

These clips are slightly wider than the belt itself (usually 2 - 2.5 inches). They easily remove from the belt. I took one and attached it to the clip on the Ready Ref, using..........yep, you guessed it...duct tape!!! I cut the tape in narrow pieces and wrapped it around the belt clip and the Ready Ref clip, joining the two together. Now my belt goes through the clip from the duty belt. Works great.

I guess I could have bought a narrower belt. ;-) But then my rodeo belt buckle would not have looked as nice on a narrow belt as it does on the wide one.