View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 11, 2018, 11:22pm
Esteemed Forum Member

A Little Less Diligent ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Nope. But all the stuff you posted was already on the NF website. It was already on this website. The Simplified and Illustrated Rulebook is out. The Rules by Topic are out as well. Anyone can buy them now, including the rulebooks.
Most Forum members, you, me, lots of others, try to stay on top of things. We all have something in common, a strong interest in fully understanding the rules, or we would never have joined the Forum to begin with. Most of us probably visit the NFHS website. I check it very few days for new 2018-19 Basketball Rules Interpretations.

But there may be a few members, especially some new members, and a few more non-member "lurkers", who may be a little less diligent. It is for those that I re-posted the 2018-19 NFHS Point of Emphasis regarding proper terminology.

Another reason is that I'm not sure that I agree with all of proper terms that the NFHS wants us to use (what is so unprofessional about "working" a game?). I was hoping that the re-post would generate some discussion, but perhaps I should have started a new thread on that topic. I still may, knowing that it will invite some differences of opinion (as we've often seen already on the Forum with endline/baseline).

Or, maybe I'll stay away from controversial topics for a while, giving myself and everybody else, a break.

I retire from my day job as a chemist on Friday. What do I say to hecklers who yell, "Don't quit your day job."?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Sep 11, 2018 at 11:35pm.