View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 11, 2018, 05:07pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Terminology Statements ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I think most of us by now have seen the terminology statements from the NF. We do not need the entire thing posted again when no one asked.
And so you assume that every single Forum member is a veteran Forum member that has "read it all"?

No possibility that some Forum members are brand new and have only read recent posts?

No possibility that the Forum has some brand new "lurker" nonmembers (readers but not posters) who have only read recent posts?

No thought that repetition is often one of the best pedagogical approaches to teach something, and often the best way for many to learn something (I consider the Forum to be, at least partly, about learning how to be a better basketball official)?

My local board won't have it's first meeting, at which time we go over the rule changes, and Points of Emphasis, until mid-October. I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of my guys have no idea about any of the NFHS 2018-19 rule changes, nor do they know anything about the 2018 Points of Emphasis, including the use of proper terminology, so I'm also willing to bet that some of the new Forum members, or the new "lurking" Forum nonmembers, may also not have heard of these topics.

Or did I not understand the "Wink" emoji (I don't do a lot of texting, so I'm not a big emoji user) to mean that your just "yanking my chain", in which case, never mind.

If that's the case, I should understand "chain yanking" because our local guys spend a lot of time doing such. I spend a lot to time in March observing and supporting our best guys working deep into the state tournament, often traveling many miles across the state, well outside my normal geographic area. Every single time, I walk up to them during pregame warmups and say, "Hi guys. I drove all the way across the state to see great officials working, and I get stuck watching you knuckleheads." They always get a laugh out of my greeting, often agreeing with me.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Sep 11, 2018 at 05:34pm.