View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 10, 2018, 06:20am
Esteemed Forum Member

Respect My Authority (Cartman, South Park) ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
No one cares about the penalties from the state office. They have absolutely nothing to do with what we call and administer.
It's very minor, and insignificant, but there is a NFHS 2-2-Note reminding officials about their clerical authority over the contest through the completion of any reports regarding disqualifications. I had almost completely forgotten about this fairly recent addition to the NFHS rulebook until Camron Rust's post. Of course the implementation of this "rule" will vary state by state, and in some cases may not even exist. Some of our local guys had to be reminded that if the fifth personal foul is also the second technical foul that a state report still has to be filled out, even if one of the technical, or both technicals, is for a non-unsporting act (grasp basket, delay coming back inbounds, change uniform number, pregame dunk, etc.). The state decides what further discipline will be extended, not the officials, nor is it our job to see that game suspensions are enforced, that's also on the state. We just report what happened, the state makes decisions regarding punishment, and enforcement.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Sep 10, 2018 at 03:57pm.