Thread: Eventlink
View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 09, 2018, 09:07am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Why use stuff like Eventlink if there are well-known and reliable alternatives like Arbiter available? Even ZebraWeb is deficient compared to Arbiter (no ability to set different blocks for different associations). Is Arbiter too expensive for Michigan schools to use?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
Michigan is solidly vested in Arbiter. Indiana chose to go with Eventlink.
Well, the problem is that Indiana is using 3 different sites for officiating. One is for their licensing or information which does not seem to do everything Arbiter did and the information is not accurate.

All my games in Indiana that I have received have been from Arbiter. I have not received any games from Eventlink. There is only one game listed on Everlink that I have been given.

The problem with Everlink is that if you have several of the same dates blocked out, you cannot just go on there and block them all out. Since Fridays are some of the most common days so if I want to block out every Friday in the season, there is no easy way to do that as it is with Arbiter and BlueZebra. And then the times are not "day blocks." I think the default setting is like 12:00 am to 12:00 pm which is not any time a game would be played. You have to go in almost every block and give the specific time, when you might have the same blocked times like on a Friday or when you know you do not want to make a specific day available at all. Everlink is clearly set up for schools and their events. Officiating is probably more regimented when it comes to out purposes as officials. This is really a silly nightmare as I this is only the second year I am licensed in Indiana.

Peace