View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 06, 2018, 05:15pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Any Other Reasons Are Not ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Re: saving a ball from going out of bounds, that is an authorized reason to go out of bounds (or at least towards the boundary line). The other authorized reason is substitution. Any other reasons are not.
Any other reasons are not? C'mon ilyazhito. Really? You've got to be kidding. Right? I can think of dozens of other authorized reasons that are not violations. Let's just start with going of of bounds to make a throwin after a foul, or a violation. How about after a made basket? How about a dozen different plays when the momentum of a hustling player without the ball takes him out of bounds, sometimes sliding on the floor? How about a player, with no contact, stepping on a boundary line in an attempt to guard an opponent, or again with no contact, to set a screen for a teammate (the main topic of this thread and maybe subject to debate)?

Listing just two authorized reasons (saving ball and substitution) and calling "any other" unauthorized is utterly ridiculous.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Sep 06, 2018 at 06:08pm.