View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 30, 2018, 11:28am
Official Forum Member

Illegal Alignment on R2 Side

NHFS mechanics-I am R1. As I am scanning both sides before I whistle for serve, I see the receiving team out of alignment. Typical setter is in middle back pushed up to the net but she is a good 3-5 feet right of the back right defender. I whistle for serve. No call by R2 and serving team wins point. Before next serve, same alignment by receiving team. I give R2 discrete signal but no call. Based on the reception for serve, it is clear that the receiving team did not move into correct alignment before serve. Between sets, I tell my R2 to watch for this. I also tell him that if this rotation is out of alignment, I will give discrete signal. Even if you are not sure, blow your whistle and I can explain. We start the next set, same thing happens, I give discrete, no whistle by R2. Next serve, I give discrete, he looks at me. I know he sees my discrete as he gives me head nod, serve, no whistle. We talked about it after the match and he thought the setter was supposed to be right back even though she was left back. After this long explanation, in NHFS, how many R1s would whistle the illegal alignment on receiving team knowing with 99.9% certainty that they are not just overlapping, but actually out of alignment even though it is not the R1 responsibility?