View Single Post
Old Sat Aug 18, 2018, 11:28am
Esteemed Forum Member

Civil Rights ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
... follow anti-discrimination statues.
I find this topic to be quite interesting, but I'm not a labor attorney, nor do I play one on television, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express recently.

Let's see if I've got this straight.

It is possible for basketball officials to be legally discriminated against in regard to level and number of assignments, said discrimination based solely on race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, political affiliation, ethnicity, religion, etc., because while one person (assigner), or assigning organization (board, association, conference, state association), assigns the games, another writes the payment checks (schools, school systems, municipalities, the state, conferences, the state association, etc.).

So, using me for an example, our local assignment commissioner, hired on a one year contract by my local board, supervised by our local board's executive committee, who assigns 100% of all regular season high school games and all post season conference/league playoff high school games, in our local geographic area, as well as many middle school games, can legally discriminate against me because I'm white, male, heterosexual, sixty-four years old, a Democrat, Irish-American, or Catholic, and legally get away with it because all my payment checks come from schools, school systems, municipalities, or the state, who don't assign any games. Also I never, ever get any form of payment from my local board.

Even if my specifics are off, am I, at least, on the right track?

So, the government, (in those unmarked black helicopters), and all their civil rights laws, and all their tax payer funded attorneys in their fancy suits, in all their oak furnished courtrooms, with their black robed judges, can't legally stop such discrimination.

Somehow, that just doesn't seem right in the land of liberty and justice for all.

I guess that sometimes you just can't legislate against all forms of civil rights discrimination, and individuals have the legal right to act in such a way, the price we pay for living in a land of freedom.

Sometimes we're free to do what some, but not all, consider stupid, immoral, or wrong.

Now, if the Forum wants to discriminate against Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. because he's older than dirt, I can certainly go along with that.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sat Aug 18, 2018 at 05:51pm.