View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 16, 2018, 06:20pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Feel Free To Give Me The Finger ...

I'm certain that the IAABO Mechanics Manual has the hands on chest last second shot responsibility signal.

I'm fairly certain that the IAABO Mechanics Manual doesn't have any signal for nearing the end of a period. We're pretty much on our own, usually covered in the pregame conference. Many use the finger in the air. Some use pointing to the wrist, like a wrist watch. A few point to the clock.

I occasionally have a game (maybe once or twice a season) where the up and down court action is so intense, often with no whistles, that I may not look at the clock for a while. The action may be so intense that the players, coaches, and fans are concentrating on the court action and aren't paying attention to the clock, offering no clues.

And then, unexpectedly, the horn sounds, almost giving me another heart attack. I hate it when that happens.

If any of you are ever my partner, and the clock is winding down, feel free to give me the finger.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Thu Aug 16, 2018 at 06:23pm.