View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 13, 2018, 04:38pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Not The NFHS's Finest Hour ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Instead, they caused a great deal of confusion from almost everyone as to what they meant and I am not talking about the people on this site. There was serious confusion at all the high school camps I attended ...
Most of us would agree that this was not the NFHS's finest hour.

First a stupid interpretation (maybe correct after very literal word by word scrutiny combined with some quantum physics) that few of us would have called, even after the stupid interpretation was first published. Then the NFHS doubled down on the stupid interpretation. Then, when presented with a rule exception proposal to change the stupid interpretation to something less stupid, the rule committee had difficulty coming to an agreement as to whether, or not, the stupid interpretation was correct. Then, after finally agreeing that the stupid interpretation was incorrect, and then agreeing on a rule change, the NFHS published a press release that could have been more detailed, like mentioning the stupid interpretation that was fixed, that left many guessing about the intent of the change (maybe due to a second proposal, voted down, that changed to the NCAA backcourt rule).

Yes, this was not the NFHS's finest hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The rules should be for everyone to understand, not just people on the committee.
Agree 100%. We shouldn't have to know the secret handshake to understand the rules.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Aug 13, 2018 at 11:00pm.