View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 13, 2018, 04:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It was the interpretation that was confusing, especially when the NFHS told us that a player could simultaneously be the last to touch and the first to touch (one player could do both in a split second, like quantum physics, that it is possible to be in two locations at the same time). Technically, according to some on the NFHS rules committee, the original rule language could be subjected to a ton of very literal scrutiny to match the stupid interpretation.
Again, this was confusing because they added an exception to a rule that does not address that actual rule. I could give a damn what the interpretation that no one knew was even there. Again, not everyone reads the casebook that deep to the point they know of a situation like that. Instead, they caused a great deal of confusion from almost everyone as to what they meant and I am not talking about the people on this site. There was serious confusion at all the high school camps I attended and even most needed a clarification to even get what they wanted. This was an internal conversation turned to everyone else.

It is also tone deaf when you do not realize that there are officials that also work other levels that might also be confused by your rule. The rules should be for everyone to understand, not just people on the committee.

Peace