View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 13, 2018, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Unsporting Conduct @ Tourney

Good Morning wise sages of the 🏐 board,
I have a question for you from a tournament I was covering as a reporter yesterday. This scenario occurs under NFHS rules:

A three set match ends with the R1 overruling his line judge. R1 waits for the teams to finish the handshake line before crossing the court to complete his scoresheet and turn it into tournament administration. While he is attempting to finish that sheet the losing team's head coach comes over to the table and proceeds to go off arguing the call for 5-10 minutes. She even engages the R2 (coach from one of the participating teams) and coach of the next team they were scheduled to face. While her assistant was running to the referee's office to grab the head ref she even ranted to a ref on the court to their left during a timeout there delaying the court for another couple of minutes.

My question is under NFHS rules at a tournament where does one contest end and the next begin? Upon completion of the scoresheet and its return to tournament personnel? Coin toss for the next contest? Would this R1 have been within their rights to pull cards postmatch (IMHO she would've earned DQ from me)?
The golfing volleyball ref and official scorekeeper