View Single Post
Old Wed Aug 08, 2018, 05:57am
Esteemed Forum Member

Just The Facts Ma'am ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
If you were sure you would not have been trying to convince anyone here what you thought over and over and over again. That clearly did not show much knowledge of the situation.
I was sure, which is why I tried to convince other Forum members. Why would I try to convince someone if I had any doubt, which would be foolish.

Based on the original written proposal, submitted by Julian Tackett of Lexington, Kentucky, that was eventually accepted by the NFHS rules committee, and based on the early information that was released by the NFHS, there was no doubt in my mind what the NFHS had in mind, to fix the stupid interpretation. In order for the NFHS backcourt rule to match the NCAA backcourt rule, much would have to be added to the early released information. That was certainly possible, and, in fact, the NFHS may eventually change to the NCAA rule over the next few years, but nothing, not one phrase, not one word, not one definition, had to be added to the early released information for it to end up as it ended up, and as many on the Forum thought it would end up. We had all the information that we needed from the beginning. No need to speculate. No need to wait, with bated breath, for more information to be released.

Yes some well intentioned people jumped the gun. Maybe their interpretation was slanted by wanting the NCAA rule, maybe because they thought it was a better rule, and the fact that the NFHS rules committee looked at such a rule change (proposed by Andrew Gross of Madison, South Dakota), though not accepting it, fueled this fire.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Wed Aug 08, 2018 at 06:20am.