View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 07, 2018, 11:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I know that. I've known it for a long time. You know that. Lots of Forum members know that. Does every single Forum member know what we know?

It appears that a few camp clinicians, at least one female state commissioner, and at least one Forum member, may have jumped the gun.
Actually, I am not convinced you or anyone knew anything. If you were sure you would not have been trying to convince anyone here what you thought over and over and over again. That clearly did not show much knowledge of the situation. For one the exception is not very well written for a situation that they described and the play did not even seem to cover the situation they used in that IAABO video. What many of us were doing and all we could do is speculate what was the situation or what they meant? I know as in the past and in many sports that the NF has a tendency to write a rule and then have to change it a few times to get it right. That is why I referenced the "Horsecollar" rule in football. They wrote the rule one way and it took 3 years to get it right. I would not be surprised if this rule is rewritten next year or even modified this year because of the vagueness of this interpretation. "First touch, last touch" was never really addressed because this play is not really a "first touch, last touch" situation at all. I was speculating on what was the ultimate meaning and clearly, there were others that were thinking the same thing across the country. And many of those were actually likely in the room when the decision was being made.

Peace