View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 02, 2018, 10:44pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
We need to recognize a distinction between approved mechanics, which are stated, explained, and illustrated explicitly in the current NFHS Officials Manual and best practices, which may not be elucidated at length in the NFHS manual but are, as borrowed from and taught by camp clinicians involved with other codes, wise to follow because they put you "in the right place at the right time looking at the right thing to make the right call."

For example, the NFHS Officials Manual doesn't go into any significant detail how C gives it up to the L when drive originating from his PCA results in a block/charge crash in the lane on the way to the basket. My understanding is that this is a predominant NCAA-M mechanic that, though only hinted at in the NFHS manual, makes so much sense that it would probably be counterproductive not to adopt for NFHS.

As always, I reserve the right to be wrong.
C gives it up if it is a Secondary Defender. I know officials who do not like this mechanic if the crash is on the C's side of the paint. They want the C to take it because it's his primary.