View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 31, 2018, 05:46am
Esteemed Forum Member

Gyrations ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
On one foot, the player may jump off that foot and simultaneously land on both.
My first introduction to the travel rule being not about counting steps (as I had previously believed as a player), but about identifying the pivot foot and the restrictions on the pivot foot, occurred as a rookie official. Even though it was almost forty years ago, I can still remember our local interpreter, who was responsible for teaching our rookie rules training classes (preparing us to take the IAABO written rules exam), demonstrating, in a classroom setting, without a basketball, all the permutations, combinations, and gyrations of the travel rule (many years before the use of video for training) like he was teaching us dance steps (one, two, cha cha cha) in slow motion. Anybody walking by that classroom, at a local college, would have stopped, stared, and walked away scratching their heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It has always been my contention that block/charge is not the most difficult call in basketball, it's traveling.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jul 31, 2018 at 06:39pm.