View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 24, 2018, 11:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
I am not sure of your point. I work the EYBL every spring and we use full NCAA rules. I work other camps where the officiating camp directors don't even know what rules are being used.

I've never heard of a camp where campers get sent home. That is new to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Earlier in this thread, a user remarked that camp directors do not care about NCAA rules "Supervisors don't care about rules differences" were the words used. To my understanding, camps for evaluating and hiring college officials were as likely to use HS as college rules, and this is surprising when the specific purpose of those camps is to evaluate college officials. This is why I mentioned the Big Ten camp, as that could be either an exception to that pattern, or an interesting trend of its own (DI camps use NCAA rules because that is what veteran college officials who would try out for DI conferences are most familiar with, whereas JUCO/DIII camps use high school rules, because that is what HS officials wanting to break into college know).

If the Big Ten Consortium Camp (and the other DI consortium camps) are tryout camps, it would make sense for an official to be sent home if evaluators do not believe that he could be hired. I suspect that the MEAC camp does not send people home, but then you would have needed to either have good recommendations or to go there multiple times to get hired there.