View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 24, 2018, 09:36am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I mean if JBA is a shitshow, I'll go the traditional route of gaining experience (HS, JuCo, D3, D2, D1, G-League, NBA, maybe pro-am after I have some college under my belt). If I'm picked up to the G-League earlier, great. If not, I'l work my way all the way up through D1 and March Madness
You are not going to get any of that experience you talk about unless you get hired by those particular levels. And if you act the way you do here, that is not likely to happen either. Not because you want to work it, but you do not listen to simple advice from the people on this site. One of the biggest things to get to any of those levels is to be teachable and listen to the advice given and not saying anything when it is given. If you always know everything as you act here, none of that is going to happen. Officials in those situations are not trying to tell everyone about their experience, especially at high school or lower level. I have been to many college or higher level camps, I almost never talk about my high school experience at them unless directly asked and a clinician or supervisor wants context. I am a state final official and even work college in other levels and that background never is mentioned by me because they do not care.

The JBA is like the CBA or ABA (the newer one) that hires officials often relatively locally so that they can work for that particular league. Some guys worked the JBA for example in Chicago and they were local guys. They did not send them to LA or Texas from my understanding to work for this league. And those officials are not necessarily in the pipeline for the NBA. They are guys that have been considered at one point and their time has passed for realistic consideration. And based on what we have seen so far about this league, it might not be around in a year or two.

Peace