View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 24, 2018, 03:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
I mean if JBA is a shitshow, I'll go the traditional route of gaining experience (HS, JuCo, D3, D2, D1, G-League, NBA, maybe pro-am after I have some college under my belt). If I'm picked up to the G-League earlier, great. If not, I'l work my way all the way up through D1 and March Madness
You come across as so clueless that it's laughable.
First, I used to officiate in MD. When I was there, officials were probationary members and not eligible for varsity assignments during their first two years. This means that you likely have very little HS varsity experience, if any, at this point. For you to be talking about levels beyond that as if you know what occurs there is comical to the veterans on this forum.
Secondly, most of the NBA officials do not come from the D1 ranks. Rather they are young guys who have reached Juco, NAIA, D3, and then decided to persue the pro game. Few of the experienced D1 officials who work the ESPN games or the Final Four transfer over to the NBA. There is currently some overlap of people working the G-league and D1, but not a high number.

People on here might take you seriously if you spent some time doing research into what you wish to achieve. Many have walked that path before you.

Last edited by Nevadaref; Tue Jul 24, 2018 at 04:22pm.