View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 23, 2018, 05:16pm
Esteemed Forum Member

No Hashmark ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky View Post
It just says "...the 28-foot line.." and does not mention the word "hashmark."
Stat-Man mentioned "hashmark". I'm of the opinion that it no longer exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stat-Man View Post
If I'm understanding this correctly, it sounds like NFHS wants a two-foot extension of the hash mark into the out of bounds area to designate the edge of the box closest to the table.
I'm not sure the 28 foot line is the same as the old 28 foot hashmark. The 28 foot line has defined one end of the coaching box for many, many years. The 28 foot coaching box line is completely out of bounds, the 28 foot hashmark was completely inbounds. They're not the same.

The new rule sounds like there should be an additional two foot line perpendicular to the 28 foot coaching box line, making it parallel to the sideline, both completely out of bounds.

1-13-2: A line, perpendicular to the 28-foot line and placed at each end, with a minimum length of 2 feet, shall be extended toward the team bench so that the coaching box boundary is evident.

I'm adding a floor marking tape manufacturer to my stock portfolio. That should push me over the top to finally buy that retirement villa in Tuscany.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jul 23, 2018 at 06:48pm.