View Single Post
Old Sat Jul 21, 2018, 02:39pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Let's Keep It Our Little Secret ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
I make my warnings loud and obvious enough when I report them so I don’t separately need to tell the coach “you’ve been warned.”
C'mon SC Official. You can do much better than that. That statement lacks passion. It should be, "Coach, you, and the horse you rode in on, have been warned". The horse part is a comment on how arrogant the coach is. It's always a nice added touch. A "plus" is that few people understand the insult so it usually won't come back to bite you in the butt. Insult the coach, with no repercussions, it's a win win situation.

So, last season, how many officials secretly crept over to the table and whispered to the official scorer, "Write an official warning in the scorebook against the Team A coach for unsporting comments, just don't tell anybody, let's keep it our little secret", and then secretly creep away from the table? Obviously the NFHS believed that this was a major problem last season. They'll probably make it a Point of Emphasis in a few years. And maybe put it in the Basketball Rules Simplified & Illustrated book. It will have a great illustration of an official sneaking up to the table while the coach's back is turned.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jul 22, 2018 at 08:45am.