View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 19, 2018, 04:00pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
At the start of the 2nd half the U's are supposed to monitor the same teams they monitored in the pregame, so that would not put them on the same block. In between the 1st & 2nd/3rd & 4th quarters, you go to the nearest block. In one of the HS associations I worked in, the 2nd & 4th quarter throw-ins are administered by whoever is closest to the division line when the previous quarter ended.

Again, you are waaaayyyyy into details that are either not very important in the big scheme of things or could be bettered answered by studying the respective mechanics manuals.
Go to the nearer block. That makes total sense.

I know that U1 watches home, and U2 watches visitors, and that they change over because the teams change over.

I'm not stupid, just unsure of how things should be done.
I'd like this thread to continue, so other officials newer to 3 person would have the opportunity to know what stumbling blocks to avoid, regardless of how stupid their questions may seem. I ask these questions because I care and want to get things right, not because I like to engage in nitpicking. Anyone would know this better if he met me in person, instead of just through a computer screen.