View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 19, 2018, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
Any other things that you gentlemen (and ladies, if there are any female users or readers of this website) mention in your pre-game discussions? If you get games from other teams on film, you would go over anything that you saw on video. Does anyone use video for the pre-game conference itself?
Yes, as a general rule I use video in pre-game conferences when I am the R. Early in the season, I will show a couple of clips of plays from the previous season (but only plays in which I was directly involved). Maybe a RA/LDB play or two plus a few unusual plays (unsportsmanlike, tech, double foul, etc) mostly to emphasize the importance of crew communication, but also remind everyone of floor positioning and working for angles (I have many, many clips of myself being caught out of position ). Early season non-conference games often involve rookies and I believe this helps to relax them a bit watching someone else (me) make mistakes or miscues and then recover.

As we get deeper into the season and current film is available about the teams in the contest we're getting ready to work, I'll show clips of the teams from previous games to highlight their styles and tendencies of key players.

When I'm not the R, then I let the R run the show. S/he may or may not use clips and that's entirely up to them.