View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 17, 2018, 05:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I wish that you worked on my local board. Although not many, I've worked with a few partners over the years that couldn't wait to tell that that they're a college official. Some even warned me and insisted that they can't switch from college interpretations, mechanics, signals, etc., to those of high school.
What was a way those officials would try to tell you, "I am a college official." I would just laugh, because I have done college for some time and almost never talk about what I do unless asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
I have a few friends that I know work college and high school games. It's always me who initiates a discussion along the lines of, "So, did you have any great college games lately?", or, "I've got a question about a college rule that I saw on television a few nights ago". None of my college friends would think to initiate such a discussion on their own.
No reason to talk about it unless asked. I might talk about college to other college officials, but not to officials that have never done that level for sure.

Peace