View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 16, 2018, 05:01pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Out of Bounds Responsibilities ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Out of Bounds Responsibilities: Lead had frontcourt endline, and nearer sideline to the free throw line extended. Trail has nearer sideline, farther sideline above free throw line extended, division line, and all three backcourt boundaries.
Here in my little corner of IAABO Connecticut, this (above) is the single most important item in everyone's pregame. Even grizzled veterans who don't do a pregame ("Good eye contact") will discuss this item.

We've got veteran guys who like the older mechanic of the lead taking the entire sideline. Yet, many veterans will use the newer mechanic of the lead taking the sideline only to the free throw line extended. New guys are only taught the newer mechanic, but will often work with veterans who use the older mechanic. So, it's important to be on the same page depending on who you work with.

Many pregames end up with a statement like, "When the ball goes out of bounds above the free throw line, let's be sure to get a whistle on it. We don't want the ball to end up on the coaches lap with no whistle. Two whistles are better than none. We'll figure it out after".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)