View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 16, 2018, 04:19pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Captains, Head Coaches, Officials Pregame Meeting ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Connecticut Only: Captains, Head Coaches, Officials pregame meeting should occur prior to start of game. If the head coach refuses to attend the meeting, notify Commissioner.
For your information, many, many, years ago we had a few head coaches regularly refuse to attend the pregame meeting, either because they had a gripe with the officials, or because they had a gripe with the opposing head coach. Our state interscholastic sports governing body considers this to be unsporting. Luckily, we as officials don't have to "force" the matter. We just hold the meeting with those who bother to attend, and report the violation to our assigning commissioner. He contacts the state interscholastic sports governing body, and they, in turn, contact the school's principal and athletic director. I've never had a problem with this, sometimes maybe a head coach supervising the taping of an injured player's ankle who sends his assistant coach the meeting.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Tue Jul 17, 2018 at 05:39am.