View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 12, 2018, 05:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #olderthanilook View Post
Wait...what? This discussion was never about defending a wife or child. Let's stay on topic and point.
It was said basically there was no reason to get into with a 16-year-old in any case. I showed this to my wife and she had a visceral position and even suggested that she would likely do something if faced with this situation. So yes there are situations were not alone or without people that might also take a position on what is going on. I also do not know the relationship of all the officials in this case either. There might have been some family members involved. If there is no reason to react as a human, then own it for all situations when you take that position.

I was at a tournament yesterday with 70 courts where some people had family members working as officials or working with family members. I would doubt there is just a "walk away" attitude if certain things go down in certain places. This is the topic. When you suggest there is nothing that we should do because we have the magical stripped shirt on, you are not taking into all the accounts of what could happen. Just because it is not what you imagined in your mind, does not mean making these points are not apart of the conversation. Many of us have life experience in these situations you might not have.

Peace