View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 12, 2018, 01:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I speak as someone who was threatened after a baseball game by a parent years ago.

I could've run to the car and drove away, but I had gear on and it just seemed a bit ridiculous to run from a place where I just made $50 working a 3 hour baseball game. I wanted to change clothes and not deal with idiots.

So I told the guy I'd drop him with my mask and then I'd call the police to have him arrested afterwards. Would I have? No idea. He walked away. I think he thought I was a little bit crazy.

Could I have reacted "better"? At that moment, I simply didn't care.

Too much blaming the victim going on here. These officials were the VICTIMS.
And baseball is similar to summer basketball or the kinds of events shown in this situation. Often you have no place to go and several times in baseball I was confronted or by a partner that was confronted about something after a game. Often you had to say things to make them think you were either a little crazy or that you threaten to call the police. People usually are not froggy enough to do anything, but I am not taking a chance. And walking away does not always solve the issue some of these people think it will. They are just lucky they did not have to deal with a situation.

Peace