View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 11, 2018, 03:11pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
I haven't either, but I'm just thinking that if one official had A1 pushing off with the inside arm while the other had B1 arriving late to the spot and taking the contact which he thought was torso to torso, they might be so hung up on the fact that they had already give conflicting signals that they wouldn't think to confer and come out with the one call, which would be perfectly acceptable.

WOULDN'T IT?
Well, the only "blarge" I've ever been directly involved in was not a fast break or even a play in the paint going to the basket. Happened 9 years ago in my 1st season of college officiating. I was Trail and my partner (whom I just saw working an NBA Summer League game) was Lead for a one-on-on matchup FTLE, inside the 3-point arc. As A1 started his drive there was contact and a double whistle. We both posted, then made eye contact. We both assumed the other was giving up the call and at the same time I went PC and he went block. We reported both. Turns out I had A1 pushing off with an extended arm while my partner had B1 sticking his knee/leg out and making contact.

Which call should we have gone with?