Thread: 3-Man SNAFU
View Single Post
Old Sun Jul 01, 2018, 02:18pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Over A Cold Adult Beverage ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Not a tragedy. Something to laugh about at the bar afterwards, though.
They spotted it, and they fixed it.

Two years ago, as the trail in a two person game, during a free throw, I ended up on the table side of the court. My partner compensated by moving over to the opposite side as lead. I simply zoned out, possibly harkening back to the old "Cadillac Position Mechanics" of yesteryear. My partner certainly let me know about the screw up the next time we talked.

Several years ago, also in a two person game, as the lead, I decided to move across the lane to come ball side to get a better look at a post play situation. And then I forgot that I moved across the lane, and stayed there. There's a turnover so I start running up the court, with my partner and I on the same side of the court. We both realized the problem at the same time so he quickly moves across the basket line to balance out the court. Also on this occasion, my partner certainly let me know about the screw up the next time we talked.

Officials love to give each other a hard time. Some of us are trained to do it, for others it's in our blood. But we all do it, especially over cold adult beverages.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Jul 01, 2018 at 04:32pm.