View Single Post
Old Thu Jun 28, 2018, 07:19am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
"Deflected by the defense in the FC" sounds slightly close to the NCAA backcourt rule. In other words, once the defense deflects the ball in the frontcourt (I like to describe it as the ball pin balling around), anybody can touch the ball in the backcourt, even if the ball stays in offensive team control the entire time. That, I believe, is the NCAA backcourt rule. That's why I commented.
IT IS the NCAA rule, and it is explicitly spelled out in the NCAA rule book. And NOTHING the NFHS has published this off-season mentions anything about an offensive player touching the ball last. It doesn't matter what folks heard at different camps. That's all hearsay and speculation. But you keep on getting caught up in it. So I'm trying to figure out why you keep quoting and debating me since I've say about 100 times now that the only thing the NFHS has done is publish an "exception" that makes it legal for the offense to catch/touch a ball in the air that was deflected by the defense in the FC.

You spend so much time parsing every word that you don't pay attention and comprehend what is being said.

Last edited by Raymond; Thu Jun 28, 2018 at 07:24am.