View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 27, 2018, 11:27pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It's a clear as a bell to me, and to a few other Forum members, who view this only as an interpretation clarification. It's simple, easy to understand, and matches up with what most of us have viewed as a flawed interpretation that few of us would ever actually call in a real game.
I do not answer to forum members. And it is not forum members that are going to give the official word on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
It's only complicated to those who insist that the NFHS has changed fully to the NCAA rule, and are trying to fit the NFHS rule language to the NCAA rule language, which is a difficult, complicated task because these two rules are not the same. It's like trying to fit a round peg into a square hole. Not an easy task. A hammer would help, but that would make it more complicated.
Not complicated at all because this is pure speculation. I also never said the rules were exactly the same. But we have been here before with other NF rules changes. The NF took on the Team Control Rule in the actual practice of what the NCAA does while not using the exact language from the NCAA. So we have seen this story before. And the NF spent years telling everyone their actual intent in the Team Control Rules during a throw-in which there is no space in the actual NCAA application of the similar rules. Actually, your references to proposals make this complicated because it is totally irrelevant to this discussion.

Peace