View Single Post
Old Tue Jun 26, 2018, 04:28pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
If one believes that the NFHS has fully changed to the NCAA backcourt rule, then it certainly has royally screwed up this rule change. It certainly has confused those who believe that it intended to make the complete change to the NCAA rule, including some trainers at summer camps.

On the other hand, if one believes, as I now do, that the NFHS has simply permanently fixed a several year old interpretation, that was reinforced as recently as a year ago; an interpretation that most officials never agreed with; and an interpretation that most of us would never call in a real game, then the NFHS has done nothing wrong, it just made a simple fix with a simple exception.
Again I do not care what was proposed and which proposal was accepted, I know what was written at this point. That is all that matters to me right now. And it is awfully ironic if the NF did not intend to use the NCAA rule but the NCAA rule was changed to this basic language that mirrors the recent change from the NCAA. If they wanted to change something for one interpretation, which again they could do by actually putting out an interpretation. That is why I referenced the football rule addressing Horsecollar rule that also was an NCAA rule, but did not use their wording and caused a disaster for a couple of years. Team Control rule is probably the best example because it seemed like they had no idea what they wanted to have with the wording.

Peace