View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2018, 04:10pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Forever And Ever ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
The exception makes no reference to the offense being the last touch the ball in the front court, so how is it an exception to the rule?
(In both the stupid interpretation, and the video, the offense was not the last to touch the ball in the frontcourt, according to the old, now defunct, stupid interpretation, but not according to me, or many other officials, I'm only the messenger)

It's actually an exception to an odd interpretation of the language in the original and still unchanged backcourt rule to now legally allow the situation described in both the stupid interpretation, and in the video posted earlier.

Due to the new exception language, the stupid interpretation (below) is no longer valid, and is now incorrect, hopefully forever.

SITUATION 7: A1, in the team’s frontcourt, passes towards A2, also in the team’s frontcourt. B1 deflects the ball toward Team A’s backcourt. The ball bounces only in Team A’s frontcourt before crossing the division line. While the ball is still in the air over Team A’s backcourt, but never having touched in Team A’s backcourt, A2 gains possession of the ball while standing in Team A’s backcourt. RULING: Backcourt violation on Team A. Team A was still in team control and caused the ball to have backcourt status. Had A2 permitted the ball to bounce in the backcourt after having been deflected by B1, there would have been no backcourt violation. (4-4-1, 4-4-3, 9-9-1)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jun 25, 2018 at 04:44pm.