View Single Post
Old Mon Jun 25, 2018, 03:55pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Confused In Connecticut ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
9-9-1 reads: A player shall not be the first to touch the ball after it has been in team control in the frontcourt, if he/she or a teammate last touched or was touched by the ball in the frontcourt before it went to the backcourt. An exception to 9-9-1 would read: A pass or any other loose ball in the front court that is deflected by a defensive player, which causes the ball to go into the backcourt may be recovered by either team even if the offense was the last to touch the ball before it went into the backcourt.
Now I'm getting confused. This (below) is what we definitely have from the NFHS. Where did the Raymond's exception (above) come from (in a thread regarding high school rules)?

9-9-1: A player shall not be the first to touch the ball after it has been in team control in the frontcourt, if he/she or a teammate last touched or was touched by the ball in the frontcourt before it went to the backcourt. EXCEPTION: Any player located in the backcourt may recover a ball deflected from the frontcourt by the defense.

It is specifically this exception (above) that allows the NFHS to now conclude that both the stupid interpretation, and the video, are now both legal plays.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Jun 25, 2018 at 03:58pm.