View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 03, 2018, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherdreams View Post
Can't tell you whether its my part of Rome or official empire quidelines but we are expected to to show a visual count to indicate to players/coaches etc that count is happening. If there is a discrepency between my count and the shot clock expectation is that we stop the game to have the clock set properly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by constable View Post
No more visible 8 count in FIBA.

FIBA has done a complete about face in the past 5 years. Originally, the visible count had have your fingers show the count ( thumb meant 1 second, thumb and index finger 2 seconds and so on), then they changed to a normal count, and now we do absolutely nothing unless there is a change of possession with less than 24 seconds left and the game clock is not displayed on the shot clock above the net.
Cool! Right now, I am developing a big rules differences/shot clock procedures document, and one of the sections is about the backcourt count, because that is related to the shot clock in most levels of basketball. I was confused, because Pantherdreams above said that he had to use a visible 8-second count, and I didn't know what to put in my document, because the FIBA mechanics manual does not mention how to do 8-second counts. I would also like to be able to work FIBA basketball, so I'm trying to grok FIBA as well as US rules (NFHS/NCAA/NBA). If anyone is interested, I could post the file as a separate topic, or PM it to individual members.