View Single Post
Old Tue May 22, 2018, 03:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
Question #1 Yes, the line-up card supplied at the coaches pre-game conference should be accepted.

Question #2 D is the correct answer, though I think we have all thought we will just write it down later. Reporting to the opposing team, in this case, the visitor coach is a rule requirement. Rule 3-1-3. If you would have caught the line-up error of #5 not being listed it would be a quick resolution.

Question #3 B, I think after you screwed up in your logic of the question #2 if "C" was your actions/answer, you should apologize. If you had done what was required there would be no need for question #3.

Backstory, an elimination game in one of our state's championships questions 1, 2 and 3 happened. The lineup was presented with #5 missing, something similar to question #2 happened, which resulted in the question #3, with the coach calling it an ILLEGAL SUBSTITUTION. It got ugly and complicated (50-minute delay) with a UIC being called to the field, multiple calls to a State Director. The big problem, the visiting coach simply not being able to accept the ruling.

Luckily I was working an 11 inning 3+ hour game on another field wondering why they couldn't finish the 7th.

Like I said it would have never got to the problem in the 7th if good record keeping practices would have been followed.

After all that is said and done, more is said than done