Thread: NFHS Update
View Single Post
Old Sun May 20, 2018, 09:48am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Which is my point exactly. That's why I titled my post "Grass Roots Effort" and even included an image to underscore my point.

Say what you will, but you can't dispute the fact that one of us is one more than "none of us", which was the point of my recent post. We all have the ability to make rule changes, connected, or not (as I am not), as long as we have a rationale reason for such a change, can do a good job of explaining that rationale in writing, and are willing to work through the paperwork. Of course, it also has to be a change for the good, to improve the game. And I'm just an official with no title within any level of my organization other than member.
As usual, you make a mountain out of a molehill. The comment was at best an expression considering that to my knowledge or anyone's knowledge there is not a person that is on this site that is a committee member. What you do in your state or if someone listens to you, good for you. But if you were so knowledgeable, then you would not be debating with me (someone not on the NF Committee or claims to even attempt to give rules change suggestions other than a casual conversation with certain people).

We gave you the rules that might have been pulled from the NCAA. It appears that they clearly used similar language from the NCAA in this rules change. You keep going back to some older interpretation that may or may not still apply. You have not given or no one here has shown a single newer interpretation that either supports or opposes any position we have discussed (likely because there is not one posted yet). So until we have some official word from either an NF publication like the casebook, Simplified and Illustrated Book, NF Guidebook or even something more specific in the rulebook right now we are speculating. All reasonable signs point towards an NCAA change and if that is not the case, the NF certainly had to realize that the NCAA changed a rule last season and would have to clarify they are doing something different. After all the NF has not been good at "thinking" of what their literature means in the bigger picture. So why would I be surprised if they did not act like they were aware of the possible confusion they might be caused if I were to believe this was only for one, single interpretation change.

If I was not bored, I probably would not have responded at all to your comments. But this is not about you Billy. Most of these discussions or opinions shared are not about you.

Peace