Thread: NFHS Update
View Single Post
Old Sun May 20, 2018, 09:35am
Esteemed Forum Member

"None Of Us" ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
You are not on the committee apparently or in a position to vote on such change.
Which is my point exactly. That's why I titled my post "Grass Roots Effort" and even included an image to underscore my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
... none of us are going to edit the rulebooks or casebooks ...
I did.

One of us is one more than "none of us", which was the point of my recent post. We all have the ability to make rule changes, connected, or not (as I am not), as long as we have a rationale reason for such a change, can do a good job of explaining that rationale in writing, and are willing to work through the paperwork. Of course, it also has to be a change for the good, to improve the game.

Just complaining about NFHS rules (not directed at JRutledge, but lots of Forum members, including me) on the Forum, or on other forms of social media, probably won't help fix broken rules (I doubt that the NFHS rules committee keeps tabs on what we're discussing here on the Forum).

When we find broken rules, and we have a possible fix, we should work to fix them. As individual officials. Or through our local, or state organizations. Or through our state interscholastic sports governing bodies. Let's be part of the solution.

We're not "tilting at windmills". Sometimes (not necessarily all the time) the NFHS, through all the bureaucratic fog, listens.

And I'm just an official with absolutely no title within any level of my organization other than member.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun May 20, 2018 at 09:53am.