View Single Post
Old Fri May 18, 2018, 01:49am
AremRed

What a clusterfuk in play 1. So much wrong there. Lead isn't gonna beat the play to the end line....he needs to pull up at the 3 point line and officiate like he's a C official for a moment. It's a pretty clear block and he's guessing cuz he doesn't have great position and has players between him and the contact. Doesn't post the foul, which is mandatory in HS. And wtf is up with him literally sprinting toward the table to report?? Slot is more at fault here...I would expect state finals officials have enough experience to know that transition drives in the paint are always Lead's call. And to know to post and hold even if they do have a whistle, cuz this is the perfect situation for a blarge to occur. And the late signal from the Slot....it's not confident looking at all.

Play 2 is understandable at the HS level, guys don't work on getting good at clocks. Maybe the table would know. Don't get into an argument with the bench....address the head coach and have them take care of the bench. I have no problem with the tech here but some would argue that the bench was baited due to the long discussion beforehand. But I trust johnny d that whatever happened was well deserved