View Single Post
Old Mon May 14, 2018, 09:49am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
Yes but the point is that there are many camps all over and some people don't know anyone who has attended. Some perspective is better than going in blind. A review or thoughts coming from some random person on the internet is better than nothing at all, plus if you get multiple peoples opinion at least you can start to have an idea even if they differ. If a camp is purely a teaching camp with all classroom and zero games worked that is good to know. The full list of evaluators isn't always made available, if your local assignor is working at a camp and you would like to work from him but it is not well known where he is getting new recruits that is valuable information.
Again, I think when you attend a camp a review from a random person is really not one I would pay much attention to for multiple reasons and the reasons I stated earlier. But that is me. If you are looking for that, you might not get what you want here. And if a camp is run by a supervisor of some kind or has supervisors for college in attendance, they are not usually "teaching camps." I am going to take another guess. Most people are not posting stickly local camps here. I would not post camps to IHSA certifications when most here would not be in the area or it would not serve them any purpose in their career from another state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoebler View Post
It is kinda like Yelp, I most likely don't know anyone that is reviewing a place I might go but I am still interested in their opinion. I have been to places that most people love that I end up hating, and been to places that people hate that I love. The vast opinion or single opinion of something doesn't make it fact but at least with a few other peoples reviews you can get a better understanding of what to expect rather than going in blind.
Forgive me but I do not put much stock in Yelp. And would take even less stock in this kind of situation. My point is that you are not going to get enough reviews from people here anyway. There are not many people here that are going to camps all over the country. You might get one or two reviews. I would hope that someone is not making a decision to invest in themselves based off of one or two people they have never met. But again this is me.

Peace